Happy Earth Day!
What better to celebrate Earth Day than by planting a tree (or 10)? I’ve put together some awesome articles so that you can plant your #earthday trees and keep them healthy! There are also lots of other ways to participate in Earth Day.
Learn more about trees
Articles about Trees
To celebrate Earth Day, here are some of the best posts about using trees in your landscape!
- Tree topping is harmful – read this before you hire a tree trimmer
- Narrow Trees for Small Yards that Pack a Punch
- Choosing the right tree for your front yard
- How to plant privacy trees as a hedge
- Ornamental Trees for a Colorful 4-Season Landscape
Take a Gardening Class
Free Gardening Class
If you want to get into the earth day spirit, sign up for this free gardening class to learn all about trees, landscapes and gardening.
7 tips for choosing the RIGHT plants
This FREE guide has 7 key questions to help you pick the perfect plants for your landscape. Pop in your email below for instant access.
You can also check out the RESOURCES page to learn more about my favorite gardening stuff including books, tools, online plant stores and more!
More Gardening Courses
Visit the Pretty Purple Door Landscape & Design School to see all of my courses!
Visit a Park or National Arboretum
Getting out into the fresh air is another great way to celebrate Earth Day.
- Find a National Park Near You
- Visit a Botanical Garden or Arboretum Near You
- Plan a trip to the the US National Arboretum
More Ways To Participate in Earth Day
- Find an Earth Day Event in your Area
- Plan your own Earth Day Event
- Volunteer for Earth Day
- Follow Earth Day Network on Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- More Earth Day Tips from EarthDay.org
More Gardening Posts You’ll Love
- 5 Tips for Drawing a Killer Garden Plan, Even if You’re Not a DesignerThese 5 steps will take you through the process of drawing a simple garden plan for your home landscape. Learn my simple process for drawing your own garden plan that’s uniquely you.
- This Blocking Method Will Have You Drawing Pro Garden Plans in No TimeIf you’re struggling to arrange plants, try the blocking method. This is a way to draw your garden plans using a series of shapes and repeating patterns. It’s really fun, too!
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew About Garden Design (These Would Have Saved Me $$$ Thousands)Ever wonder what no one is telling you about designing your dream landscape? These garden design tips would have saved me so much time, money and sanity. And, I’m spilling all the secrets!
What Blooms with What?
Never know what to plant together? Find out with this FREE Plant Pairing Guide and become a pro at combining plants for the best garden design possible!