Please note: I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases if you shop through links on this page. More info.
Celebrate Earth Day by planting and learning about trees
Happy Earth Day!
What better to celebrate Earth Day than by planting a tree (or 10)? I’ve put together some awesome articles so that you can plant your #earthday trees and keep them healthy! There are also lots of other ways to participate in Earth Day.
Learn more about trees
Articles about Trees
To celebrate Earth Day, here are some of the best posts about using trees in your landscape!
- Tree topping is harmful – read this before you hire a tree trimmer
- Narrow Trees for Small Yards that Pack a Punch
- Choosing the right tree for your front yard
- How to plant privacy trees as a hedge
- Ornamental Trees for a Colorful 4-Season Landscape
Take a Gardening Class
Free Gardening Class
If you want to get into the earth day spirit, sign up for this free gardening class to learn all about trees, landscapes and gardening.
You can also check out the RESOURCES page to learn more about my favorite gardening stuff including books, tools, online plant stores and more!
More Gardening Courses
Visit the Pretty Purple Door Landscape & Design School to see all of my courses!
Visit a Park or National Arboretum
Getting out into the fresh air is another great way to celebrate Earth Day.
- Find a National Park Near You
- Visit a Botanical Garden or Arboretum Near You
- Plan a trip to the the US National Arboretum
More Ways To Participate in Earth Day
- Find an Earth Day Event in your Area
- Plan your own Earth Day Event
- Volunteer for Earth Day
- Follow Earth Day Network on Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- More Earth Day Tips from EarthDay.org
More Gardening Posts You’ll Love
- Find Your Zen: How to Create a Meditation Garden in Any Space (Complete Guide)Deep breath in, deep breath out… And enjoy this complete guide for creating a tranquil meditation garden in any size or budget!
- Asian Gardens: Tips for Creating a Tranquil Oasis in Your Garden Space (Complete Guide)Japanese, Chinese & Korean gardens are known for their peace and tranquility. Unwind and unfurl in the meditative space that is the Asian garden!
- Mediterranean Garden Style: Planting, Landscaping and Design Advice for Any Space (Complete Guide)Embrace your climate & surroundings! Learn the philosophy of the Mediterranean garden style and how to apply it, no matter where you live.
- Is Shrub Hub Legit? Read A Professional Landscape Designer’s ReviewI’m a professional landscape designer and I tried Shrub Hub to see if they could help me reimagine my front yard. Here’s some pros, cons and a complete review.
What Blooms with What?
Never know what to plant together? Find out with this FREE Plant Pairing Guide and become a pro at combining plants for the best garden design possible!
Amy is the founder of Pretty Purple Door and has been a garden designer since 2014 and graphic designer since 2005. She helps home gardeners design their own beautiful landscapes that are colorful in all four seasons, show off your personality and suit your lifestyle. Amy's work has been featured in publications like The Spruce, Family Handyman, Buzzfeed, Country Living Magazine and more. Read full bio.