Master the Mixed Border
Free PDF Guide & Checklist
This free guide will immediately improve your landscape layering skills. Get my easy 8-step layering process, the “Master the Mixed Border” checklist & a printable planting pyramid; all for free.
Plant Form Printouts
Free Printables & PDF Guide
Print & cut out these plant forms, then arrange them over a photo of your garden bed to find the perfect design layout. In addition to the plant layouts, you’ll also get my 4 pro tips for arranging plants in a garden bed!
Plant Pairing Combinations
Free PDF Guide
Never know what to plant together? Use these plant combinations to up your garden design game.
7 Tips For Choosing the Right Plants
Free PDF Guide
7 key questions to ask yourself to help you pick the perfect plants for your landscape.
Gardening Secrets Revealed
Free Video Training & PDF Guide
Learn the 3 Secrets that will help you to overcome the biggest gardening challenges that are preventing you from creating your dream garden.
Gardening Calendar Tasks
Free Gardening Task Lists for Each Season & Gardening Goals Printable Worksheet
Get a free printable gardening calendar with example tasks for each season plus a “Gardening Goals” [bonus] printable worksheet!
- Redoing Your Landscaping? Read This Before Tearing Out “Old” Plants!It’s tempting to tear out overgrown landscaping in lieu of something new and fresh. But removing mature landscaping can cost you a lot more money and time that you may realize.
- 4 Easy Gardening Tips for February – How to Prep your Garden for SpringThese quick win gardening tips for February will give you gardening activities that will improve your growing season without having physically be out in your garden yet (since it’s freezing cold!).
- Is it Safe to Use Grass Clippings as Mulch in Your Garden Beds?Wondering whether it’s safe to use grass clippings from your lawn to mulch your garden beds? Grass clippings are great for your plants because they help retain moisture in the soil. But, there are some things you should know before using them as mulch.
Pretty Purple Door on YouTube
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more gardening videos!
Most Popular Posts
Beginners: Start Here
- Garden Design for Non-Designers – Principles for a Great Home Landscape
- Flower Gardening For Beginners – the Secrets No One Tells You
- Landscaping from Scratch – 7 Steps to Designing a Garden Plan
- Simple Secrets for Creating Garden Color Schemes
- Plant Combinations: How to make unforgettable plant pairings
What/Who is Pretty Purple Door?
I’m Amy and I help home gardeners design impressively beautiful landscapes that are colorful in all four seasons, show off your personality and suit your lifestyle.
I teach about garden design so that you’ll have the tools you need to create a landscape that’s uniquely you!