Flower Bloom Tracker
Free Printable Charts
A Four-Season Garden Essential! Use these bloom charts to determine when each plant starts blooming, stops blooming (& how long it flowers) so you can maintain color & interest throughout the entire year!
Master the Mixed Border
Free PDF Guide & Checklist
This free guide will immediately improve your landscape layering skills. Get my easy 8-step layering process, the “Master the Mixed Border” checklist & a printable planting pyramid; all for free.
Garden Style Lookbook
Free PDF Lookbook
1-Page reference guides for the main garden styles, including naturalistic, cottage, traditional and modern. Learn how to convert ANY garden to ANY garden style with this free printable lookbook.
Plant Form Printouts
Free Printables & PDF Guide
Print & cut out these plant forms, then arrange them over a photo of your garden bed to find the perfect design layout. In addition to the plant layouts, you’ll also get my 4 pro tips for arranging plants in a garden bed!
Plant Pairing Combinations
Free PDF Guide
Never know what to plant together? Use these plant combinations to up your garden design game.
7 Tips For Choosing the Right Plants
Free PDF Guide
7 key questions to ask yourself to help you pick the perfect plants for your landscape.
Gardening Secrets Revealed
Free Video Training & PDF Guide
Learn the 3 Secrets that will help you to overcome the biggest gardening challenges that are preventing you from creating your dream garden.
Gardening Calendar Tasks
Free Gardening Task Lists for Each Season & Gardening Goals Printable Worksheet
Get a free printable gardening calendar with example tasks for each season plus a “Gardening Goals” [bonus] printable worksheet!
- What is a Rain Garden and How to Build One in Your YardRain gardens are specialized gardens composed of native shrubs, perennial and flowers. In this article, you’ll learn all of the considerations for building your first rain garden.
- Gardening on a Slope: Tips and Ideas for Creating a Beautiful Hillside GardenGardening on a slope presents unique challenges! But, with the right planning, design and maintenance, you can transform it into a beautiful and functional landscape.
- Design a Four-Season Landscape: An Expert Guide to Year-Round Garden BeautyWhether it’s winter or summer, your garden can always look its best. Find out how in this four-season landscape design guide.
Pretty Purple Door on YouTube
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more gardening videos!
Most Popular Posts
Beginners: Start Here
- Garden Design for Non-Designers – Principles for a Great Home Landscape
- Flower Gardening For Beginners – the Secrets No One Tells You
- Landscaping from Scratch – 7 Steps to Create Your Dream Garden
- Simple Secrets for Creating Garden Color Schemes
- Plant Combinations: How to make unforgettable plant pairings
What/Who is Pretty Purple Door?
I’m Amy and I help home gardeners design impressively beautiful landscapes that are colorful in all four seasons, show off your personality and suit your lifestyle.
I teach about garden design so that you’ll have the tools you need to create a landscape that’s uniquely you!