The ultimate list of gardening resources like books, worksheets and products. These are some of my absolute favorite gardening resources for DIY home landscapers.
Every item on this list is something that I have tried and/or currently own and would STILL recommend… that means that I love them and would buy them again. I take my recommendations very seriously so if you’ve used any of these products and had a bad experience, please let me know. Please note that I may earn a commission when you shop through links on this page.
- The Four-Season Landscape: Easy-Care Plants and Plans for Year-Round Color by Susan Roth
- The Nonstop Garden: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smart Plant Choices and Four-Season Designs by Jennifer Benner
- The Weekend Garden Guide: Work-Saving Ways to a Beautiful Backyard by Susan Roth
- The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America by David Allen Sibley
Order Trees, Plants & Bulbs Online
- Nature Hills Nursery
- The Tree Center
- Read my article: What you need to know about buying live plants online
Water, Soil, etc.
- Soaker Garden Hose
- Taklife Expandable Water Hose
- Melnor Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler
- Tree Mulch Ring Weed Preventer
- Treegator Slow Release Watering Bag for Trees
- Easy-Read Magnifying Rain Gauge
- 7 Day Digital Programmable Timer – great for grow lights or managing watering schedules.
Fertilizers & Weed Killers
- PlantTone all purpose fertilizer by Espoma
- First Saturday – “The pesticide the earth loves” protects you, your home and your loved ones all year long. From $18.99/mo.
- Nature’s Care Organic Bone Meal by Miracle-Gro
- Espoma: I have used several Espoma products and would recommend this company if you are interested in using organic fertilizers that work in harmony with nature.
- Bonide Burn-Out Weed Killer – made with natural ingredients, this type of weed killer doesn’t work as well as chemical ones and may need multiple applications to be effective. I still use it because it’s safe for people, pets and the environment.
Gift Ideas, Kits, Subscription Boxes
- Plant & Garden Subscription Boxes from Cratejoy
- Bloomin’ Bin – A gardening subscription box for all skill levels. From $7.75/mo.
- My Garden Box – Creative and crafty garden collections. Includes live plants and everything else you need. From $35.50/mo.
- The Succulent Source – Succulents and Cactus of the Month – 5 unique succulent and cactus plants. From $27.00/mo.
- Succulents Monthly – Get a high-quality, curated collection of succulent plants, pots, media, and fun gardening goodies! From $17.41/mo.
- Craftsy – Unleash Your Creativity Project kits, supplies and video content to help you master what you love.
- Grow and Make – DIY and crafting kits for your home
- Home Made Luxe – Gorgeous Pinterest craft projects delivered right to you
Tools for Home & Garden
- Dewit gardening tools – Dewit makes wonderful, high-quality gardening tools. I have had them for years.
- Fiskars stand up weed puller – I absolutely love this weeder and use it all the time.
- Fiskars transplanting spade – This is a great multi-purpose, high quality garden shovel.
- Sun Joe Electric Tiller and Cultivator (16″ 12amp) – I really like the combination of power and ease of handling with this tiller.
- HytekGro LED Grow Lights – 45W panel grow lights I use these and like them a lot.
- Slim Soft Ties – These are flexible wires wrapped in a green rubber coating. Great for tying up your plants while blending into the landscape.
- Thick Kneeling Pad – Great to have to protect your knees and keep yourself comfortable and dry.
- Dewalt 20v Lithium Drill Driver/Impact Combo Kit
This page may contain affiliate links to supplies, tools or specific products I’m recommending. There is no cost to you for using these links and they may provide me with a small commission. Please visit my site policies for more information.